Start Your Year by Making the Right Choice


Choose your hard wisely this year. Keep listening to see what we mean.

Want to sell your home? Get a FREE home value report
Want to buy a home? Search all homes for sale

Today’s topic isn’t real estate-related, but motivational instead. One of my favorite quotes, which is framed at my office, reads “Choose your hard.” I actually stole the quote from my gym, which has a larger poster that reads “Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard.” It stuck with me because it applies to pretty much everything we do in life.

Working long hours is hard, but so is being broke from not working enough of them. Having difficult conversations is tough, but not as tough as some of the consequences of not having those conversations. Doing the right thing can be the hardest thing in the world sometimes, but living with guilt and regret after doing the wrong thing is its own kind of pain. 

We all have choices to make on a daily basis, and we all have to live with the consequences of our choices. Let’s all “choose our hard” wisely this year and embrace it. Remember, anything of real value requires some sort of sacrifice. If it was easy, everyone would do it. The next time you’re ready to complain, rejoice instead. Welcome those problems with open arms.

We all have to live with the consequences of our choices.

We welcome problems in our business. If buying or selling a home was always smooth and stress-free, our clients wouldn't need us. We welcome the challenges that come with it and look forward to solving problems every day. But we’ll save that topic for another time.

If you have any questions for me at all, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.